1st and 10 lets do it again! Gotta make your free throws! Strike 3 your outta here!

When I was younger I was not the type of girl that went to social sporting events.  I would go to football games but I never made an effort to go to the out of town games.  I only went to probably 2 basketball games, and 1 baseball game in my high school career.

It wasn't that I hated these activities, it was just that the people I hung around didn't go so I didn't go.  When I would go I always had a great time (even though I had not a clue as to what was going on.  Until Travis and I started dating I honestly didn't know what 1st and 10 meant) but just never went.  

Fast forward to September 2013.  I started dating the most amazing man that also happened to be a sports nut.  Mostly college sports but has a few favorites in the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB.  He took me to my first college football game in November of 2013, Texas Tech vs Kansas State.  I have learned that it does make a different when someone asks who's playing and you respond Kansas....You better have a state or university after that because (and I quote) "It makes a huge difference" ;) .  He graduated from Texas Tech but grew up being a University of Texas fan because that's where his father went to school.  We support both but when they play each other it really depends on who the home team is as to who we cheer for.  I mostly support Texas Tech but after going to a Tech vs UT game, supporting Tech and being on UT home terf.....We found ourselves wanted to do the UT chants and school songs but couldn't because we were wearing red and black.

We have season tickets to Tech games and his mom still has their season tickets to UT games so football season we are on the go every weekend pretty much.  And I love it.

I've been to so many Tech games for football, basketball, and baseball.  UT the same.  We've been to numerous Texas Rangers games.  When we visited Chicago this past year (2 different times), we went to 3 Cubs games.  It was one of the major things we wanted to do on our adventure there.  This coming weekend we will be going to our first NBA game to watch the San Antonio Spurs play the Lakers in San Antonio.  I can't wait!  Travis wanted to see Kobe play before he retires and I'm always looking for an excuse to go to San Antonio.  Plus, I really want to see the Spurs play.  It's going to be a great time!


Not only do we love the sports, teams, atmosphere, but the history that comes along with it.  I mean, Wrigley Field?  Come on now...

I love having my "teams".  It's nice to be able to have a connection to a team that I'm cheering for and I'm not just what some call a "Wal-Mart fan". 

PS....There is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting a team and having no connection to them.  It just makes it more special and the experience more fun for me :)


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives