Fried Catfish-From My Table To Yours Sunday



I know technically it is Monday and I went back and forth on whether or not to write one this week since I didn't have pictures to go with it, but decided I would anyways :)

One of my favorite things to eat is fried catfish.  I know the word fried isn't a good term but when you use an air fryer it's ok :)  About a month ago I was really craving catfish.  I knew I couldn't go to a place and order it and it be an ok point value so I decided to try it out myself at my house making a few adjustments.

I bought 2 filet's from H-E-B fish counter.  Together it was about a pound.  I know they are farm raised and honestly I think farm raised tastes better so I was able to search farm raised catfish in the Weight Watchers ap and found out they are zero points!  That made the beginning of this recipe that much better when I found that out.  The first time I made this I used a ground corn meal from Bob's Red Mill.  It was ok, but it was a bit more course than I wanted or like.  The 2nd time I made this (and how I'll continue to make it) I used Zatarain's Fish Fry.







For 2 tablespoons it's only 60 calories and 3 points.  Because it's a fine seasoning mix the 2 tablespoons is a good amount and you end up having some left over.  I use a paper plate and measure out the 2 tablespoons.  And yes, I measure out separately 2 more tablespoons for the second fillet.  In traditional fried catfish I know that milk is used to hold the cornmeal on the catfish, but I don't use it and it turns out just as good!  I use the Pam Olive Oil spray.

I spray the top of the filet (sometimes I even cut them up and do pieces instead of a whole filet) and flip and spray the other side.  It doesn't need a lot, just make sure that the pieces receive the spray.   After I spray them I put the filet or filet pieces in the mixture and just make sure they are covered.  When that is done I put them in my air fryer which has been pre heating at 400 degrees.  I spray the top again with the Pam cooking spray, close the door, and start cooking for 25 minutes.  Half way through I flip them and spray again with Pam.

Once the timer has gone off on your air fyer, take the fish out and serve.  I have made my own tarter sauce with light mayo but honestly I found the H-E-B tarter sauce (located with the mayo) and it's just as good and way easier.   The serving size is 2 tablespoons for 2 points but I found that 1 tablespoon is enough for me.

I hope you try this out and enjoy it as much as we do!


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives