Heartbreak, Accomplishment, and Goals All Rolled Into One Blog

In some ways I had the most amazing week....and in some I had the worst week...

Let's get the worst out of the way.  Last weekend I betrayed one of my bestest friends by repeating something that was said.  I'm human and I can't say that it's out of character for me to do this, but who I told I thought would keep it between us.  She didn't and that's how my Monday started.  Everything is cleared up.  I owned up to what I did and I learned my lesson.  BIG TIME.  I have felt terrible ever since and apologized more than once.  I think I was even getting on her nerves at one point.  I just want her to realize that I can be trusted and to know that it will never ever happen again. It is absolutely the worst  feeling knowing that you have let someone you love down.

Now on to happy times :)  I started going back to them gym this week!  It was so nice to walk back in there!  After being lazy for a month and just not going (stupid on my part) and then 6 weeks in a boot, I was finally able to go.  I got on the treadmill and decided to start my couch to 5k over.  This ap is amazing!  If you aren't really a runner but want to get better at it, this ap defiantly for you.  You start out doing a 5 minute warm up walk, then you go 1 minute run then to a 1:30 minute walk.  You do that until there is 5 minutes left then you do a cool down walk.  Each week it changes to where you're running more and by the end of it you are running the entire time.  I don't want to say that I'll never be to that point but it seems far off.  I'm ok with that.  One day at a time :)

Ok, now for the exciting part!  When I started my warm up walk I put it on the number I used to start out at.  That was to slow for me....I went up on my walking number!  I thought wow this is awesome.  Then it was time to start my 1 minute run.  I put it on what I use to put it on.....that number went up too!  I was ecstatic!  Here is the real test though....Would I go the whole minute and could I do it with out looking down at my phone to see how many seconds I had left in the minute run?  Well......I did!  And more than once!  I pretty much just focused on running, breathing, a spot on the wall....and every run was great!  One of my future goals is for next year's splash dash to run the whole thing with the girls.

A bucket list item should be crossed off this coming week when I fly to Phoenix.  I am hoping that when I have a layover I'm able to blog and say that I did not need a seat extender.  Woot Woot!  It will be so nice to just walk right past the flight attendant, give them a smile, walk proudly to my seat, sit down and buckle my seat belt with no hesitation.  We shall see.....

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives