My First Pumpkin Pie

I LOVE to cook...

But I have never made a pumpkin pie.  Until tonight!  I love pumpkin pie and I'm limited on the sugar intake I can have so I decided to make a pumpkin pie following Libby's famous pumpkin pie recipe ( It says it's famous on the can so I'm taking her word for it....I mean why would Libby lie to me? ;) and substitute Splenda for the sugar.  Here are the ingredients you need:



3/4 Cup sugar (or splenda)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100 % pure pumpkin
1 can (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9 inch (4 cup volume) deep-dish pie shell

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl


Beat eggs in large bowl.  Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.  Gradually stir in evaporated milk.


Pour into pie shell.  (Now I did not want to over due myself so Pilsbury helped me in the crust department :)



Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Reduced temperature to 350 degree's.  Bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.  Serve immediately or refrigerate.




I'll let ya know how it tastes tomorrow :)  I hope the Splenda I put instead of sugar doesn't change the taste of the pie to much.  We shall see.....





Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives