The sleeve and Weight Watchers are Joining Forces

I decided the two should meet and they hit it off....


I've always stressed that my sleeve is a tool.  It was by no means the "easy way out".  In October I will celebrate 4 years since my life was changed.  Yes, I have gained some weight back but nothing and I mean NOTHING like where I started.  I am still so blessed and happy everyday that I made the decision I did.  But here's what happened.  I got comfortable.  I got a little to comfortable.  I am still eating less but the choices I made were not the best.  Unfortuantly I had picked back up the Dr. Pepper habit.  Then after I quit smoking (was 2 years in April) I started getting the biggest sweet tooth.  Those two right there are not a match made in heaven.  I decided I had to take control of my life again like I did 3 1/2 years ago.


I had tried counting calories but for some reason it just did not work for me.  I don't know if I wasn't eating enough or the wrong things or to much of one thing, but it was not working.  So I decided to go back to something I knew had worked for me and has worked for so many different people.  I joined Weight Watchers.  I signed up online and I opted for the meetings and online.  I'm planning on going and visiting a meeting in Midland and probably in Odessa as well to get a feel for both.  The first time I did WW I was in the 8th grade.  Every Saturday my Nana, Dad Dad, and I would load up and drive to Odessa for mine and Nan's meetings.  If I had a tennis match I would go before my match and weigh in and then leave.  The woman that led those meetings was still there about 6 years ago when I went.  I don't care for the way she does the meetings so if she is still the only leader I will either opt to go to Midland meetings or just do it online.  One of the great new things with WW is that you can choose to do the online plan with a coach and not have to attend any meetings.  Now, you can do it just online but I have to have someone to be accountable to.  It makes me work harder and pushes me.  In the meetings they use to recognize the members for every 5 lbs that they had lost.  That was a big motivation for me too.  Yes I revert back to being 8 and being bragged on by the teacher lol.  I'll also be blogging about it because it makes me be accountable to ya'll as well!  I'm going to go to my first meeting in Midland Monday.  I hope I enjoy them.

I've started making low carb meals for Travis and of course they don't hurt me either.  After my surgery my taste buds changed towards certain things.  Things like vegetables.  I had already started eating roasted zucchini and asparagus but wanted to branch out a little.  I decided to try spaghetti squash.  And guess what!  I liked it!  I made a chicken enchilada bake with it.  I had found it on the Tasty pintrest page.  It has 3 others with it and I can't wait to try those.  I really can't wait to try it out in place of pasta.  I love me some pasta.  It won't take the place of bow tie but it should work for spaghetti and angel hair.  I had heard that spaghetti squash took on the flavor of whatever you put with it and it's true.  Click HERE for the recipe

Tonight I made a caprese style chicken breast and oven baked "fried" green beans.  I use to HATE green beans.  My mom would always make me eat them and I would have to wash them down with milk as fast as I could.  I think because they were canned green beans is why I didn't like them.  I love fresh green beans now.  I still can't stand the smell of canned lol.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the chicken but I didn't.  All I did was take a boneless skinless chicken breast and cut 5 slits on top.  I then sliced a Roma tomato and put a slice in every other slit.  Then I took a slice of  fresh mozzarella and a couple of basil leaves and put then in the other slits.  I then took McCormick's Italian seasoning and sprinkled it on top.  Put it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes and man oh man!  It was delicious!!  WW point wise it was only 5 points!  I will definitely be making this again!  The baked "fried" green beans were 5 points as well.  Click HERE for that amazing recipe.  I'll be trying a few more new recipe's out this weekend so I will definitely keep you informed on how they were. 

Can't to blog about my WW journey!  Hope you'll stay along for the ride :)  It's gonna be a fun one!

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives