Two New Recipe's I Tried

I wish I was better at taking pictures during the process of the whole thing but I'm not.   I either forget until I'm halfway through or they look like crap. 

The first recipe I tried was a bubble up breakfast bake.  It calls for a 7.5 oz can of biscuits and I thought I wasn't going to find them.  Well they are available, but in a 4 pack.  Now I have 3 cans of biscuits I'm not sure what I'm going to do with.  It was extremely easy (which is nice for when I get off work and I don't feel like cooking dinner).  I did change the recipe with one small little thing.  I'm not much of a ham person with breakfast foods so I did make Wright's bacon instead.  I went and put the recipe in on My Fitness Pal to get all of the nutritional facts for it and then went to my Weight Watcher ap and entered it in to find the point value.  This recipe is a serving of 6.  It's made in a 9 X 13 pan.  The portions are hefty to say the least. For the original version of this is 6 points per serving and the version I made was 9.  I would totally suggest making this.  And if you did in fact make it for breakfast, again it's a quick make so your family won't have to wait long.


The 2nd recipe I kinda made on my own.  I took a spaghetti squash and I sliced it in half then removed the seeds.  I brushed some extra virgin olive oil from Trader Joe's on it then put garlic salt, pepper, and McCormick's Italian Seasoning on top.  Then I put them face down on a cookie sheet.  I cooked it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  While the squash cooked I browned 1 lb of ground elk and diced up onion.  When the meat was finished I measured out 3 oz.  I then measured out 1 cup of sauce.  A serving is half a cup but it just didn't look right so I did 1 cup.  I mixed those together.  About the time I was done with that the squash was done as well.  I took a fork and shredded the squash into the bowl with the elk and sauce.  After I did that I mixed them together then poured it back into the spaghetti squash shell.  I sprinkled it with 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella on top.  Put it back in the oven for 4-5 minutes to get the cheese melted.  After that it was complete I just let it cool for a few minutes and then had an awesome dinner!  With the left over elk and more sauce I made Travis' with the other half of the squash.  He really enjoyed it.  He ate his bowl clean!  I kinda worried about him not liking it but he did.  Yea!

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives