Who You Callin a Cootie Queen......

You pea picker!


One of my most favorite memories growing up is in the summer when we would go and pick fresh black eyed pea's from a garden, go home, and sit and shell pea's while watching tv.  I still have the bowl I used to shell them with and still use it to shell today.  My friend Cynthia had told Sherise and I that we could go out and pick pea's if we wanted to, and we had to take her up on the offer!  I mean...those pea's would die if we didn't.  We did it for the pea's...






Another friend of mine that has had a garden in the past and has let me pick from it, knows how much I love to shell them myself.  She thought she was doing a nice thing by shelling them for me one time and I was so sad because I didn't get to shell them myself.

 The set up


Although we use to watch Kids Incorporated while shelling, Real Housewives of New Jersey will have to do

This is a whole lot of fall/winter goodness right here.  Don't get me wrong, I love black eyed pea's anytime of year, but the are especially good on cold nights with warm corn bread.  And we {HAVE} to have them on New Years Day.  I need to be prosperous during the next year.  Maybe I should eat this whole bowl that day....


  1. My mother in law loves to shell peas! She says it's relaxing and therapeutic! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol it is relaxing and therapeutic! I could sit and shell pea's for hours lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I loved Kids Incorporated! I wish we lived in the same state! I'd watch the Real Housewives with you! I love some Bravo TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to be on Kids Incorporated soooo bad lol. And the New Mickey Mouse Club....I could've been Britney Spears or Jennifer Love Hewitt right now....

      And almost all of my show's that I DVR are on Bravo :) Andy Cohen is secretly my BFF :)

      Delete

Designed by FlexyCreatives