Poor Girl Cheese Soup

We all have "those" kind of recipe's :)

After I moved out of my townhouse with my sister and moved into my own apartment there were days between pay day that I just looked in my fridge & said "What can I do with this?" Lol. We've all been there! Well I came up with this recipe and I still love it to this day!

Today I really wanted something that was familiar to me so I started racking my brain as to what I could make that I could eat. I just got to add a few things to my eating & the soup popped in my head! As much as I want to move away from processed foods more than likely it will still be a part of my life a little bit. I had to alter my recipe a little bit but it tasted just the same.

Poor Girl Cheese Soup(original version)

3 Cups water
1 chicken breast
1-2 potato's
1/2 lb velveeta
Pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp black pepper

Put water into a pot & begin heating to boil. As the water is warming cube chicken breast & potato's & add to the water. Also add salt & pepper. When chicken is done and potato's are tender, cube Velveeta and add to the water with the chicken & potato's. Once the Velveeta is melted, taste to make sure you don't need any more of that or salt/pepper. Let simmer for 15 minutes and then serve :)

Now the version I made tonight is the exact same except no chicken & instead of 3 cups of water I used 2 cups of chicken broth & 1 cup of water.

It was so nice having something familiar to eat. I'm not sure I should've had the potato's but I made sure they were super soft before I ate them. This recipe is fast and great on a cold day when you're in a hurry :)

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives