Fall Seven Times....

....Stand up eight--Japanese proverb


Since my last blog I didn't do any of what I said I wanted to do.  I have had all these things I wanted to write about and get back into blogging but life happens and I just got to busy or didn't feel like sitting in front of the computer.

At least it hasn't been that long since I submitted a blog, but lets be honest.....there was no meat to it.

I'm going to admit on here something I have a hard time admitting.  I had gained half of my weight back from my sleeve surgery.  It was so hard for me to admit.  And still hard for me to think about honestly.  By the grace of God I did not gain it all back.  I would not have been able to live with myself.  Life happens, happiness happens and you think "Well I'm ok.  I'm not eating all of my meal so I'm still ok" when in reality, ya I wasn't eating all of my plate but what I am putting on that plate hurts just as bad.

In August Travis and I went to San Francisco.  We had both said when we get back we are cleaning our eating up and we are getting back to us.  And that's what we did.  He started counting calories and I started Weight Watchers online.

Let me tell you.....the beginning was hard on us.  It was hard because we were both getting into the groove of our eating plans and trying to work together on what meals went with both of ours and lets be honest, trusting that if the other person was portioning out the portion that he/she was giving the right amount was REALLY hard.

I am so proud to say that we are into a great  groove.  We even traveled all football season and stuck to our eating plans.  We have fast food restaurants that we feel safe in to order (who would've though Whataburger of all places would be one of those places lol) and we stuck to those.  We measure and weigh everything.  I even have a mini food scale I keep in my purse for restaurants if I'm not feeling like I trust the amount they are putting on my plate. 

Since August 27th, 2018 I have lost 58 lbs (42 to go on the regain) and Travis has lost at least 80 (it may be a little more lol).  We are working our programs and taking it one day at a time.  I've been watching the TV show Mom a lot lately and I can relate to it on so many levels from a daughter of an alcoholic perspective but last night I watched an episode where Jill (played by Jamie Pressly) had gained some weight and had gone to a weight loss spa to lose it.  When she get's out she had a mentor there that came to visit her.  She was trying to teach Jill moderation.  You know....only have half a cookie instead of a whole one sort of thing.  Well some of us just can not even attempt the half a cookie.  We will end up eating the whole cookie and then some.  And that is what happened to Jill.  She also decided to try alcohol in moderation and that didn't work either.  We just have that personality.  I know I can't make a desert to go with a meal and only have a little bit of it.  By the end of the night I will have eaten the whole thing because sweets are my biggest weakness.  Since we started this I have not made any sweets and if someone has brought sweets to my house I have either sent it back with them after  dinner or I have thrown it in the trash.

I will never be the weight I was on October 3rd, 2012 and may have some slips but I will always get back up and fight......


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives