From My Table To Yours Sunday- Hey Ma...Can We Get Some Meatloaf




Hey hey!  Welcome to my From My Table To Yours Sunday!  I made a Skinny Meatloaf from Skinny Points tonight.  I have never been a meatloaf person.  When I was young I would always have something different from my family.  And by different I mean my Mom would bake a chicken breast for me.  It wasn't like I was a brat and got a huge special made meal.  This meatloaf was so good!!

Here's the starting line up!


The recipe calls for lean ground beef but I used ground elk.  I will use ground elk in most of my recipes.  My husband is a hunter so we are always blessed with a freezer full.  I had never really had to much game meat before he came into my life.  It doesn't taste gamey at all.  Which I'm glad because that means I don't have to try and mask it or not eat it lol.  




                 
   

After I measured out the meat I chopped up an onion to add to the meat. I also added the mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg whites, and the bread crumbs.  Couple of things about the pictures above.  Yes, I have a counter trash can.  It makes it so much easier to throw things away as I'm preparing the recipe (get one, you'll thank me later).  The food chopper.  It's a-ma-zing!
This is a Pampered Chef item and I use it all the time.  I am a huge Pampered Chef fan and have a great rep that I buy from!  Her name is Heidi, check out her page here.  I made the bread crumbs in my Ninja.  It isn't just for my protein smoothies lol.  Who knew? Just kidding, I've used it as a food processor before.  I didn't get a picture of the mixture before I mixed it but I did get one of when I put it in my baking stone (another GREAT Pampered Chef item).

In the recipe it says to use a cookie sheet lined with foil.  I was worried about something rolling off of the cookie sheet and getting my oven dirty.  So I used the stone instead.  It worked great!  



 I mixed the final ingredients for the sauce and then added it to the top of the meat loaf.  I then put it in the oven set at 350 and cooked for 55 minutes.



I made a recipe I found on Weight Watchers for Parmesan green beans.  I wasn't that happy with how they turned out.  I'm going to do the recipe a little different and remake them.  I'll let you know when I do :)  Like I said in the beginning, I am not a meatloaf person but this was really good!  My husband was so happy I made it and I succeeded with it lol.  I for sure moved this recipe over to my Recipe's I made and liked board on Pinterest.  Let me know if you make it and how you liked it!

  1. As I talk to Ranston about food I realize I did cook different entre but always made y'all eat canned vegetables without a choice. Sorry not sorry lol. Okay now meatloaf, I use ground turkey breast. I have a fail proof recipe that I have tweeted a couple of times and think I have it the way we like it. Just FYI great leftover meal couple of days later. Some people make sandwiches (not me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yes canned veggies blah....lol. If I could make the soured face on here I would. You'll have to tell me how you make it with the ground turkey. And ya, I don't think I'll eat it as a left over lol but there was some left for Travis to have for lunch. I told him to make a meatloaf sandwich and he had never heard of anyone doing that. I said there are people that do....I'm not one of them but there are some that do lol

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives