Not Taking Things for Granted

Sometimes it is easy to take things for granted.  And some people don't know they are taking it for granted.  Or may not feel like it's not that big of a deal.  But those of us who at one time couldn't do the simplest things, it is.

I was talking to a friend from my direct sales days about her sleeve surgery.  I had not realized she had the surgery performed until yesterday.  She doesn't post a ton or it just doesn't show up in my feed but a post did yesterday.  I messaged her to find out and she had in fact had it.  Prior to the surgery she was so scared of the surgery.  Not what it would be like afterwards just the surgery itself.  She wanted to take the leap so bad but the uneasy feeling she had about the surgery and the fact that insurance wasn't covering it for her played a huge part.  God opened some doors and basically told her to do it. 

She said that she has learned to not take anything for granted.  She's making the best out of everyday and opportunity that God gives her.  I told her I could totally relate. 

The first time I could crawl on the floor under my desk to get something I was ecstatic.  I remember it too.  I had dropped something under my desk when I worked in Andrews and had moved my chair and was about to get down on the floor and my Nana replied "Wait for Drake to get here.  He can get it".  That's when it hit me.  I CAN do this.  And because I have the ability to do so I will do it.  So I got down on the floor, got what I needed, and had a huge smile of accomplishment on my face when I got back up.  I still have a smile on my face when I have to crawl on the floor. 



A couple of weeks ago before I started blogging again I came across this picture.  It really struck something in me.  When I start to complain about having to do something I just remember that there was a time I couldn't and that I am so proud and happy that I can today. 


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives