Sunday’s are for Cooking-Turkey Enchilada Bubble Up Casserole



I love to cook. I especially love to cook on Sundays. I’m not in a rush or anything and most of the time it’s a chance for me to try new recipes or something that takes longer than I have on a week night.

Today though I made one of our favorite casseroles. I love this recipe because it is so delicious and we have about 3 servings left for left overs.   That’s a bonus for lunches this week.  I found this recipe on Emily Bites website. I LOVE her recipes. They are so delicious and Weight Watcher friendly.   Here’s how I make it. It’s the same recipe except I only use half of the tomato sauce and I add seasoning to the ground turkey as I’m browning it.


Here’s the starting line up. I usually use Jeannie-O ground turkey but they were out. This was just as good.  My sister in law had the Fiesta Taco Seasoning and I didn’t know they had it! So of course I had to go and buy it because...well....it makes life easier.



After I put the turkey in the pan to start browning I added the taco seasoning to it. I also put garlic salt and black pepper.


While the meat is browning I weigh my pan. Ok, so I’m going to side track for a second. I’ll be honest. I did not know how to find the serving size of something before Travis and I started this.  If it was 6 servings I would just divide it 6 times and hope for the best.  My husband showed me how and it’s so easy! And gives me more of an ease knowing that I legitimately have the right portion.  So what you do is weigh the pan before you have anything in it. Then when it’s done you weigh it again (you’ll see that picture later in the blog). You take that number and subtract the number from when it was empty. Divide that by how many servings you want and BOOM! You’ve got your serving amount.  So that means boys and girls that you have to weigh your servings :)





When the turkey is finished you’ll add a can of black beans (rinsed) , a can of enchilada sauce(I went with red but I’m sure you could use green if you choose to), and 4 ounces of the tomato sauce.  You’ll then take 7 1/2 biscuits and cut them into pieces.



For Christmas Travis got me a food saver and it’s been great! For a while when I make these bubble up casseroles I was wasting so many biscuits. So now I use the food saver to save the biscuits for another casserole.




Spread the biscuits on the bottom. After you do that pour the meat mixture on top.





Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Then take out and add your cheese and put it back in the oven for 10 minutes.



And if you could have smelt this when I opened the oven....I was so ready for it to be out it smelt so good.  Once it's done, weigh it again.


This is a great recipe and man approved.  The serving size is a really good sized portion so you are definitely not left hungry.   For the full recipe click on the link in the beginning of this blog :)  Leave your comments below if you try this or any other recipes of Emily Bite's .  I hope my pictures get better but it is what it is :)

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives