People think when they are "dieting" that they can't have good things like donuts.  You can....just in moderation.  I can't have a donut.  Not without wanting a dozen chocolate ones.  But I hear there are people out there that can have only one donut.  And good for them. 

We have come up with some restaurants that we call our safe zones.  We can actually go to these places and not feel the need to eat things that we shouldn't. 


One of our restaurants that we feel safe at oddly enough is The Cheesecake Factory.  We've been successful even with the bread.  This is from this past weekend.  We told the waiter we did not want bread, but he still brought it to the table.  We didn't touch it.  The true test would have been if there was a piece of cheesecake there lol. 


Their Skinnylicious menu is awesome!  This is the chicken pasta.  It's penna pasta with a light marinara sauce with chicken and a drizzle of pesto sauce.  It's a really big serving! I only ate half of it.  They also have a lemon chicken pasta that is really great as well.  Travis has had multiple items off the menu (I'm a creature of habit, but hope to venture out some more) and has enjoyed everyone he's had. 

A few other restaurants that we call our safe place is Whataburger, Longhorn Steakhouse, & Chick-fil-a.  I know what you're thinking....Whataburger?  And yes.  I love their chicken fajitas.  They are so good!  It's a grilled chicken breast sliced up with grilled onions, red bell peppers, and pablano peppers.  It's only 6 points and so filling!  At Longhorn I love to get the 6 oz sirloin with the shrimp (8 points).  It comes with rice but I don't eat the rice.  I get a side of asparagus (2 points) and mashed potatoes.  The potatoes are 10 points.  I divide them when I receive them.  It's such a great meal!  I do have to eat a lower point breakfast or lunch in order to have it. 

What are your "safe" restaurants?  What are your favorite melas at the safe restaurants?

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives