From My Table To Yours Sunday-Chicken Parmesan Casserole



Hey ya'll!  I've decided that every Sunday I'm going to feature a recipe that I've made during the week that is on Weight Watchers (well ok for the most part WW, don't shoot me if I decide to do one non WW :).  I find so many great recipes on Pintrest.  If you haven't looked at my Pintrest board Recipes I tried and liked click on this link to check it out.  I made a separate board for the ones I tried and did really like.  It makes it so much easier than having to go back through all the recipes I have pinned and find what I'm looking for.


Today's recipe is Chicken Parmesan Casserole.   It is so good!  I found the recipe on Emily Bites page.  I know you're shocked right?  I love her recipes.  They are for real people that's for sure.  I know weight loss can happen while still eating great food.  Back in the day you were limited as to what all you could eat.  Now the eating world is our oyster.  Carpe Diem....So seize the carp :)

You can find the full recipe here.





Here's the starting lineup!  The recipe calls for 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.  Honestly, I thaw out what looks like it could be close to 2 lbs and when it's thawed I weigh it and make the changes to my recipe builder.  After I do that I put it in the bottom of my pan, AFTER I weigh it empty :)




Once the chicken is in the pan I add the minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and basil.  Tonight I had forgotten to buy basil but I keep some dried basil in the pantry so it works just as good.







Next is pouring the 2 cups of marinara over the chicken and adding the crouton crust with the parmesan cheese on top.  I weigh out the croutons because it calls for 3.5 oz and rather than try to convert it to cups I just weigh it.  After that I put them into a zip lock and use my trusty marinara sauce jar to crush them :)  Next I spread them on top and add the parmesan cheese that I've weighed out as well.  In the recipe it calls for you to put part of the parmesan and part of the mozzarella on but I've learned that it is way cheesier and better if you wait and put it on 10 minutes before it's done.




Speaking of mozzarella.....if you live in driving distance to Trader Joe's, you need to get in your car and go buy this mozzarella.  It is so good and less calories than other mozzarella.  We love it!  In fact we pick up multiple bags when we are in the area.  Ok, we pick of a lot of items from Trader Joe's when we are in the area but that is for another blog.

When the casserole is 10 minutes from being done, take it out of the oven, sprinkle the cheese on top, and put it back into the oven.




10 minutes later you have this AMAZING casserole!  In the original recipe it also is for a serving of 8.  We do it as a serving of 4.  It's not that much more point/calorie wise and we still have some left for a lunch that week.

Let me know if you try this out!  I promise you will not be sorry!  It is most definitely man approved and I'm pretty sure it would be kid approved too (with out the red pepper flakes)


Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives