From My Table To Yours Sunday-Turkey Chili Mac





Ya'll!  I am so excited to share this recipe with you!  Turkey Chili Mac by Organize Yourself Skinny is what's on the menu today.  It was so delicious AND there was enough for a couple of lunches during the week.  This is a great comfort food recipe.  It was husband approved (even though he'll tell you "once he added Cholula" lol) and it definitely is approved by me.



Here's the starting lineup.  The recipe did call for jalapenos, but I didn't put them in there.  I may put an extra can of Rotel in the next time I make it though.  I noticed that the whipped cream cheese from H-E-B is the same calorie content as the Weight Watchers so you could probably use any brand but I would for sure recommend whipped.  It melts better (or I feel like it does).   There was also a spice called coriander that I had never used (or heard of) before.  I bought it but I'm not sure if it is something you could just leave out.  Not really sure what it brought to the table.



Brown the ground Turkey and when that is done add the spices to it.  Let it cook for just a minute and then add the Rotel, beef broth, and the macaroni.  I used the regular sized noodle but you can always use the bigger one.  It just won't have as many noodles as the other.  After I added the macaroni, I let it cook for about 10 minute or so covered.  I feel like covering it helps the macaroni cook faster/better.


While the macaroni is cooking, in a medium sized sauce pan, I warmed the milk.  Once it became pretty warm I added the 4 oz of cream cheese to it and began melting it.  I kept stirring it to get it to melt a little better.  Once I had the cream cheese melted I added the shredded cheese to melt as well. When everything is melted it'll be a bit of an orange color.  After I checked to make sure the macaroni was done, I added it to the big pot and cooked it for 5-10 minutes longer.  I feel like it tastes better if it cooks together for a few min.





This is seriously so good!  I hope you all try this recipe out and let me know if you do!  I love hearing people have tried the recipes that I share!  Hope you have a great upcoming week!  I'll see ya tomorrow for Weigh In Monday :)



Yep......It smelt {THAT} good!

Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives