From My Table To Yours Sunday-Biscuits & Gravy Bake with a side of John Stamos



Happy Sunday!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far!  We still have today before we have to get back to the work grind, so enjoy it :)  Before I get to this weeks recipe, I wanted to share a few pictures from Friday night!  An amazing lady I met when I was in American Business Women Association and reconnected with when we both had jury duty together.  She messaged me asking if Travis and I wanted her tickets to see The Beach Boys at the Wagner Noel because she and her husband couldn't make it.  I said sure!  I have always enjoyed the Beach Boys growing up and really wanted to see them.  Little did I know, her seats were 3rd row!!! John Stamos was with them at this show!  Most people may not know but he is friends with them and basically an honorary Beach Boy.  We were so close I think a little bit of John Stamos sweat hit me....ok I'm kidding, wasn't that close.  That would probably be restraining order close lol.




Ok, on to why you're really here.  Today's recipe is Biscuits and Gravy Bake by Drizzle Me Skinny.  I have loved most of her recipes I've tried, but this is our favorite!  Oh and also...I'm not a cream gravy kind of person.  I know I'm strange.  I get it from my Mama.



Here's the starting line up.  I will admit, I was a little skeptical of turkey sausage.  I didn't think it would be good.  Boy was I wrong!  It's so good!  I like to have it with scrambled eggs not in the casserole too.


 While the sausage is browning I start cutting my biscuits into sixth's.  I could not find a 7.5 oz can of biscuits so I had to weigh out biscuits myself to get it to the right amount.  It's basically 7 1/2 biscuits with the ones I use.  But double check with the biscuits you use.





Since I can't find the 7.5 oz can I have 2 1/2 left over.  Thank goodness for this little gadget my husband got me for Christmas.  It has saved me from throwing so much food away.  I love my food saver.



Since I'm not a cream gravy girl, I don't make cream gravy all that well. Thank goodness for gravy packets.  Super easy to make.


While I wait for the gravy to cook I measure my liquid egg out and have it ready to pour.  Here's my assembly line.  I pour the egg over the biscuits, gravy over eggs and biscuits, and then add the crumbled turkey sausage to the top of it.



Cook it at 350 for 20 minutes.  Once that is done, removed from the oven and add your cheese.  If you don't know by now, I love Trader Joe's lite Mexican cheese.  Less points that the others I have found and so good!




You'll cook it for another 10 minutes.  Once it's done, remove from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes just to cool down.   Once that happens, don't forget to weigh it and divide to find your serving size.    Here is his and hers plates.   Travis added a green chile sauce and a hot sauce he found at Trader Joe's.  He said it was really tasty.   Enjoy!




Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives